rtmp live streaming (input) to ffmpeg indefintely loops waiting on input
|Reported by:||quandt||Owned by:|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||no|
|Analyzed by developer:||no|
When you try to take input from a live rtmp source, ffmpeg and ffplay either don't connect or take an extraordinary amount of time to begin processing data (1-10 minutes, or never).
command line example is:
ffplay -i "rtmp://localhost/oflaDemo/mywebcam live=1"
This has been tested against red5 flv server, R4305 It has also been previously reported as a feature request (erroneously reported, and erroneously close ) in ticket
I have also added several notes and reopened that ticket as well towards this problem. Additionally I can make available a RED5 server in a public DNS to test against to see the problem easily, please email me at brian dot quandt @ gmail dot com
1) rtmp streaming of non-live content, ie
ffplay "rtmp://localhost/oflaDemo/avatar.flv" work just great!
2) there is a minor bug in librtmp in sending FCPublish requests to the RED5 server, RED5 apparantly does not support this method, but it does not prevent live connections from working, ie rtmpdump -v -r "rtmp://localhost/oflaDemo/mywebcam" -o sav.flv does create a file without any delay
3) this rtmpdump method works
- rtmpdump -v -r rtmp://localhost/oflaDemo/mywebcam -o sav.flv
- control C (a) and then "cat sav.flv | ffplay -i - "
4) this rtmpdump method does not work (ie piped directly)
rtmpdump -v -r rtmp://localhost/oflaDemo/mywebcam | ffplay -i -
Or at least (4) most of the time does not work, occassionally after many minutes it does start to work.