hwupload: missing device platform
|Reported by:||Mark Sanders||Owned by:|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||no|
|Analyzed by developer:||no|
Summary of the bug:
How to reproduce:
% ffmpeg -hwaccel cuvid -hwaccel qsv -i input ... -filter_complex "hwupload" ... output
The use of multiple "-hwaccel" parameters is valid, as they only initialize the gpu libraries.
However, at time it's impossible to use two different GPUs because the lack of a "hwupload" filter parameter for selecting the target platform.
Consider this example:
- One PC with one nVidia card and an Intel i7 CPU.
- This plaform has support for CUDA and QSV, and you can compile FFmpeg for supporting both.
- Imagine then you execute the decoding part using CUDA, and the enconding with QSV.
- In this case the graph of filters can be constructed: backtrace for the encoder, and fordward for the decoder.
- And in the middle, you need to use one "hwdownload" plus "hwupload" to complete the graph filter.
But, the problem is that the "hwupload" can't distinguish which hardware context to select.
This problem doesn't exist with the "hwdownload" filter, as the target is all the time the software memory; and the source is based on the previous filter.
So, please can you expand the "hwupload" to support the target platform?