avfoundation screen capture produces misaligned picture at 1366x768 resolution
|Reported by:||evanrinehart||Owned by:|
|Cc:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org||Blocked By:|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||no|
|Analyzed by developer:||no|
Following the instructions here https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Capture/Desktop for OSX to try and get a .mov screen capture video will output a .mov file whose picture seems to have each row shifted a constant amount to the right with respect to the previous row. So the image appears skewed.
By specifying each of the available pixel_formats I am able to get different amounts of skew, or in the case of nv12, also some fun random green artifacts thrown in. 0rgb bgr0 gives almost visible pictures, these seem to be off by 1 pixel in each row, giving a 2:1 skew.
Using .avi instead of .mov gives essentially the same picture only with worse quality due to chosen compression. So it doesn't seem like the output format is the problem.
rkern in #ffmpeg reported that it works for them at resolutions 1280x720, 960x540, 1024x576
but I can't check this since I can't change the rez on my macbook air.
Attaching the .mov file and a raw YUV frame.
ffmpeg-3.0.2 or current git master (0ea58059)
OSX El Captaina
Macbook Air with screen resolution 1366x768
ffmpeg -f avfoundation -i "1:0" out.mov
Change History (19)
comment:2 Changed 8 months ago by cehoyos
- Component changed from avdevice to undetermined
- Keywords capture avfoundation skew alignment removed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:4 Changed 8 months ago by thilo.borgmann
- Cc email@example.com added
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:5 Changed 8 months ago by cehoyos
- Component changed from undetermined to avdevice
- Keywords avfoundation added
comment:8 Changed 8 months ago by cehoyos
- Keywords capture skew alignment removed
- Version changed from unspecified to git-master