Opened 8 years ago
Last modified 3 years ago
#3988 new license violation
Spamming license violators
|Reported by:||llogan||Owned by:|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||no|
|Analyzed by developer:||no|
Description (last modified by )
I'm dumping these violators into one ticket because I believe they are all from the same few groups due to similarities in products and the spam messages.
Most of these products are continuously spammed on mailing lists, forums, and Q/A sites. The spams are made to look like user replies.
Most are configured with
--enable-nonfree. None provide the license or source. All have been promoted in spams.
- Avdshare - Rebranded iDealshare trash. Stole Vimeo's logo.
- Digiarty - MacX Video Converter Pro / macxdvd.com. Yet another turd from "Jun Xu". See #3993.
- Leawo (aka Moyea)
- MOVAVI - Appears to be LGPL. Does not disclose source, or provide copy of license, or state any changes.
- Pavtube and clones (i-loveshare/multipelife/onebestsoft). See #4239.
- PlayEngine. Spammed Stack Overflow.
- Tenorshare. See #4241.
- Wondershare - LGPL. Does not disclose source, or provide copy of license, or state any changes. From "Shenzhen Wondershare Information Technology Co., Ltd." Spammed Gusari forum.
Change History (16)
comment:1 by , 8 years ago
|Summary:||Faasoft violates GPL → GPL license violators who try to spam the mailing lists|
comment:2 by , 8 years ago
comment:3 by , 8 years ago
comment:4 by , 8 years ago
They are spamming software that includes the ffmpeg binary and/or libraries. Typical spam looks like this:
comment:5 by , 8 years ago
comment:6 by , 8 years ago
comment:7 by , 8 years ago
comment:8 by , 7 years ago
comment:9 by , 7 years ago
|Summary:||GPL license violators who try to spam the mailing lists → GPL license violators who try to spam the mailing lists or forum|
comment:10 by , 6 years ago
comment:11 by , 6 years ago
comment:12 by , 5 years ago
comment:13 by , 5 years ago
comment:14 by , 5 years ago
comment:15 by , 3 years ago
|Summary:||GPL license violators who try to spam the mailing lists or forum → Spamming license violators|
What are they spamming, and what proof do you have for that?