Opened 5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

Last modified 5 years ago

#3772 closed defect (invalid)

Transcoding fails due to non monotonically increasing dts to muxer using tee.

Reported by: muhammet Owned by:
Priority: normal Component: undetermined
Version: unspecified Keywords:
Cc: Blocked By:
Blocking: Reproduced by developer: no
Analyzed by developer: no

Description

Summary of the bug:
A wmv file will be transcoded to mp4 and hls using tee. While using tee ffmpeg fails due to:
Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in stream 1: 47526 >= 47526
(The complete log file will be attached to the ticket)

However if I checkout the current source code and compile ffmpeg by following the compilation guide https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Ubuntu the resulting executable also prints out similar warnings but completes. The resulting files are fine, they can be played etc.
Since the ffmpeg transcoding task completed using the self compiled ffmpeg executable I tried to compile a static one so that this could be used on the production environment.

Note that this only happens while using the tee muxer. Transcoding in several steps without using tee works fine which is due to how the situation with the non monotonically increasing dts is handled. While using tee non monotonically increasing dts is handled at https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/master/libavformat/mux.c#L498 while without using tee it is handled at https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/master/ffmpeg.c#L645.

How to reproduce:

% ffmpeg -i /path/input.wmv -threads 1 -c:v libx264 -profile:v high -level 4.0 -pix_fmt yuv420p -movflags +faststart -c:a aac -ac 2 -crf 26 -preset:v veryfast -strict experimental -flags +global_header -f tee -map 0:v -map 0:a "/path/output.mp4|[f=hls:hls_time=20:hls_list_size=740:bsfs/v=dump_extra]/path/output.m3u8"
ffmpeg version 2.2.4-
built on Jul  1 2014 22:10:48 with gcc 4.8 (Debian 4.8.3-4)

Attachments (2)

ffmpeg-20140716-173232.log (29.5 KB) - added by muhammet 5 years ago.
Transcoding with tee and using a static build.
ffmpeg-20140716-175201.log (518.7 KB) - added by muhammet 5 years ago.
Transcoding with tee and using ffmpeg compiled by me.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (5)

Changed 5 years ago by muhammet

Transcoding with tee and using a static build.

Changed 5 years ago by muhammet

Transcoding with tee and using ffmpeg compiled by me.

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by cehoyos

Can you reproduce the problem with version 2.3 or current FFmpeg git head?

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by muhammet

I couldn't reproduce the problem on the current FFmpeg git head. Maybe it is depending on how the executable is compiled. I tried again with version 2.3 and current FFmpeg git head but they complete the transcoding.

I could not manage to make a static build of FFmpeg on my own. The dependencies may differ whether I use the static build or compile by myself, maybe this is the reason for the different behaviour. I think I'll try to compile while having installed the same versions included in the static build 2.2.4, then I may reproduce the problem on current FFmpeg git head.

comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by cehoyos

  • Resolution set to invalid
  • Status changed from new to closed

Please reopen this ticket if you can reproduce the issue with current FFmpeg git head or if the issue is a regression (ie if it worked fine with an older version of FFmpeg).

Last edited 5 years ago by cehoyos (previous) (diff)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.