mpeg2video lowres support
|Reported by:||jyavenard||Owned by:|
|Version:||git-master||Keywords:||mpeg2video regression lowres|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||yes|
|Analyzed by developer:||no|
commit 2bcbd98459915baefc15043d02f4a942ebcd33da Author: Mans Rullgard <email@example.com> Date: Thu Apr 12 13:55:49 2012 +0100 Remove lowres video decoding This feature is complex, of questionable utility, and slows down normal decoding. Signed-off-by: Mans Rullgard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
low-res video decoding is used in mythtv in order to flag a video for commercial.
Removing this mode breaks mythtv's comm flagging.
Doing comm flagging without low res reduced speed by a factor of two.
So I would like to plead to reverse that change.
There was no need to remove it.
Change History (13)
comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by cehoyos
- Component changed from undetermined to avcodec
- Keywords mpeg2video regression added
- Priority changed from normal to important
- Reproduced by developer set
- Status changed from new to open
- Summary changed from Removal of mpeg2 low-res video decoding: why? to mpeg2video lowres support
- Version changed from unspecified to git-master
comment:6 follow-up: ↓ 7 Changed 4 years ago by jyavenard
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened