|Version 108 (modified by 7 years ago) ( diff ),|
Welcome to the FFmpeg Bug Tracker and Wiki
This Wiki is intended for all kinds of FFmpeg and multimedia related information. Everyone is welcome to add to, edit and improve it!
Please read the Bug Tracker Manual and Submitting a Bug Report before filing a new report. You must register before you can file a report or edit this wiki. For uploading samples, either use http://www.datafilehost.com/ or the ftp on Submitting a Bug Report (there is no hard filesize limit).
FFmpeg Official Documentation
- Documentation – FFmpeg's own documentation, including links to things like developer guides
- Notes on Maintaining FFmpeg Source Code
- Submit an FFmpeg Logo – Instructions on how to submit a themed logo or banner to FFmpeg
Community Contributed Documentation
- Generic compilation guide
- FFmpeg Compilation Guides for Windows, OS X, Linux, and other platforms
- Compile Benchmarks
- Known Compilation Issues – Log of Known Issues and Proposed Solutions When Compiling FFmpeg with Certain Compilers (i.e. Intel C Compiler and MSVC)
Quick compilation guides:
- How to quickly compile libx264 as a pre-requisite to using it within FFmpeg
- How to quickly compile libaacplus as a pre-requisite to using it within FFmpeg
- How to quickly compile FFmpeg with libx264 (x264, H.264)
- How to quickly compile FFmpeg with mp3, aac+ and x264
- Other encoding guides:
Grabbing / Capturing
- How to capture a webcam input
- How to grab the desktop (screen) with FFmpeg
- Capturing audio with FFmpeg and ALSA
- Encoding for Streaming Sites such as justin.tv, twitch.tv, ustream.tv, YouTube Live, and other RTMP(E) streaming providers.
- Streaming Guide
- Streaming media with ffserver
- Filtering Guide
- Fancy Filtering Examples
- Scaling (resizing) with ffmpeg
- Stereoscopic 3D movies with ffmpeg
Images / Frames
- Create a video slideshow from images
- Create a thumbnail image every X seconds of the video
- How to take multiple screenshots to an image (tile, mosaic)
- Create a mosaic video out of several input videos
- How to setup Eclipse IDE for FFmpeg development
- Using libav* – Instructions for how to integrate FFmpeg's main libraries into your own custom programs
- Including FFmpeg headers in a C++ application
Other / FAQ
- General command line usage:
- Working with other tools:
- How to ask good questions on ffmpeg-user mailing list
- Articles for Creation – A simple idea/reminder list for new community contributed wiki articles
The materials within the Community Contributed Documentation section of the FFmpeg Wiki are released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License. This allows anyone to share, adapt, and build upon this work, even for commercial purposes, as long as the same or compatible license is used and that credit is properly attributed to the author(s). Credit should be attributed to "Contributors to the FFmpeg Community Documentation Wiki".
Wiki Page Index
For a complete list of all local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.
Trac is what FFmpeg uses for tracking bugs (and also hosts this wiki).