|Version 7 (modified by llogan, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Submit a FFmpeg Logo
FFmpeg is looking for themed (seasons, special events, holidays, etc) art/logos/banners, and anyone is welcome and encouraged to submit designs. If several designs for the same theme are submitted we will vote on the design, but that does not necessarily mean we will not eventually use your design if it does not win the vote. We will then upload the logo to ffmpeg.org!
Here is how to submit your design:
1. Get the Logo Files
Original logo files by Hervé Flores if you need them for reference (also available under Attachments at the bottom of this page).
2. Submit Your Design to Trac
Trac is our bug tracker, wiki, and also where you can submit your design files.
- You will first have to register.
- Choose a contest/theme. The currently open contest is: 2013 Winter Website Banner Contest. You may make a new ticket if you want to submit a design for a different theme.
- Click the "Attach file" button (it is under the "Attachments" section) and upload your artwork (size limit is 2.5 MB). Give it a unique name such as "2013-winter-your-name.png". You may submit more than one design. If your file is too large then provide a link to your art or use a file service such as datafilehost, mediafire, or dropbox. Also upload a screenshot of what the FFmpeg home page would look like with your new banner or logo.
- Under "Add a comment" let us know which file(s) you uploaded and whatever else you want to tell us about your design.
Final artwork for our web site should be less than 80k file size, but exceptions can be made. Higher resolution or vector versions that could be used in print are very welcome!
3. Tell Us About It
Submit a message to the ffmpeg-devel mailing list with the subject like [LOGO] Spring design by Your Name with a description of your design and a link to the Trac ticket number. Note that unless you subscribe to the mailing list it may take up to 48 hours for your message to be approved, but if you do decide to subscribe note that this is a high-volume mailing list. You can also mention and discuss your design in the #ffmpeg-devel IRC channel.
4. Make Suggested Changes
We may ask you to make changes or tweak elements of your design. The artist should not take such comments too seriously since many will be written by programmers who do not have much sense for art. Upload the new design to your same Trac ticket if you decide to make changes. Keep the Replace existing attachment of the same name box unchecked so we have a copy of your previous designs.
Once your final design has been agreed upon we will upload your logo!
Usage Rights & License Information
The artist has to provide us with sufficient rights to use the art in any form: not limited to the web site, t-shirts, and print media; to refer only to the FFmpeg project at no cost to us. The rights though should be restricted enough not to allow the art from being used for non-FFmpeg representation.
If You Have Questions
Contact us via the ffmpeg-devel mailing list or in our IRC channel at #ffmpeg-devel.