Opened 5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

#457 closed defect (fixed)

vaapi h264 decoding artefacts

Reported by: gimli Owned by:
Priority: important Component: avcodec
Version: git-master Keywords: regression
Cc: Blocked By:
Blocking: Reproduced by developer: no
Analyzed by developer: no

Description

I work on vaapi support for xine using ffmpeg as decoder.
While working in my xine stuff i discovered that since quite a while decoding of some h264 live material on dvb-s2 was broken with vaapi in ffmpeg. The affected material was showing artefacts in the decoded picture.
After some research i discovered following commit for vpdau :

http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=a4ab70f92e4d8705434a2fee42a2b69a8bfa6bb1

based on that commit i made similar changes to vaapi_h264.c which are in the attached patch. This patch is fixing the artefacts.

Attachments (1)

vaapi_h264_fix.patch (744 bytes) - added by gimli 5 years ago.
vaapi h264 decoding fix

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (2)

Changed 5 years ago by gimli

vaapi h264 decoding fix

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by cehoyos

  • Component changed from undetermined to avcodec
  • Keywords regression added
  • Priority changed from normal to important
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed
  • Version changed from unspecified to git-master

Thank you for the report and the analysis!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.