ffplay does not support hw acceleration, is not documented
|Reported by:||pdknsk||Owned by:|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||no|
|Analyzed by developer:||no|
This is a feature request, but also a minor bug report.
The feature request is to have ffplay support hardware acceleration. Already described in this GSOC 2013 suggestion.
- Integrate hardware acceleration into ffplay
- Create a video-output (VO) infrastructure to ffplay
- Port the SDL renderer to the new VO infrastructure
- Add support for VA-API: VA renderer through vaPutSurface(), add -hwaccel -- option to select "vaapi" renderer
- Add support for VDPAU (optional): VDPAU renderer through VdpPresentationQueueDisplay()
IMO it is reasonable to expect that ffplay already does so. Certainly ffplay reports that _vaapi or _vdpau is supported. However a search for such an option in the long list of command line options remains fruitless. Maybe this could be documented with a small warning in -h to spare users from trying to figure out why it doesn't work.