DCP-compatible output with libopenjpeg encoder
|Reported by:||sulio||Owned by:|
|Version:||git-master||Keywords:||libopenjpeg j2k xyz|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||no|
|Analyzed by developer:||no|
Description (last modified by cehoyos)
Summary of the bug:
How to reproduce:
% ffmpeg" -i sample.h264 -vf crop=iw:ih-2*138,scale=2048:858,lutrgb=gammaval(2.6) -pix_fmt yuv444p12le -vcodec libopenjpeg -profile 1 -cinema_mode 1 "decoded/test_%6d.j2c
ffmpeg version N-53885-gf97e28e
built on gcc windows 7 64 bit by Zeranoe
The problem is:
- I have no see any gamma change in picture. 26 is high value for gamma and thisd can be very visible.
- libopenjpeg do not receive or do not execute the follow option "-profile 1" with above command line should be expected converting of h264 video to sequence of JPEG2000 images with digital cinema standard. testing jpeg2000 images after, show that they are NOT digital cinema compliant. My testing tools cannot say why but absolutely sure say that they are not digital cinema compliant. libopenjpeg itself used with another programs (for example image_to_j2c or OpenDCP do well conversion exactly on DCI specifications for jpeg2000 for digital cinema. I guess that avoptions are not sent corectly to openjpeg. For example "-profile" command are not specific for libopenjpeg, its not "private" command only for libopenjpeg and may be ffmpeg do not pass this option to libopenjpeg. Also explanation of AVoptions generally is ambiguous and is hard to understand how exactly are used such options. ffmpeg -h codecs=libopenjpeg do not do big thing due to lack of details. Also I do not understand who decide which pix_fmt should understand libopenjpeg, but original openjpeg understand xyz12le and in ffmpeg do not understand it,instead understand yuv444p12le this may be not so important because anyway xyz transformations is done before libopenjpeg encoding.
- I cannot understand why xyz12le is only input format , its make more sense to be more output format.
I attach an report file and you will see what I'm talking about. IF what is written in wiki is true then with this command we should have from some video file source,XYZ encoded,gammacorected jpeg2000 DCI compressed sequence of images, but for some reason its not happened.
Change History (20)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by cehoyos
- Keywords j2k xyz added; AVoptions removed
- Priority changed from normal to wish
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
- Version changed from unspecified to git-master
comment:3 follow-up: ↓ 4 Changed 3 years ago by cehoyos
- Description modified (diff)
comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by richardpl
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:13 Changed 3 years ago by sulio
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened