Opened 4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

#2527 closed defect (fixed)

UninitCond in vp3_dequant

Reported by: wolenetz Owned by:
Priority: normal Component: avcodec
Version: git-master Keywords: vp3
Cc: dalecurtis Blocked By:
Blocking: Reproduced by developer: no
Analyzed by developer: no

Description

Summary of the bug:
==7732== Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)
==7732== at 0xAA54C9: vp3_dequant (vp3.c:1365)
==7732== by 0xAA608E: render_slice (vp3.c:1582)
==7732== by 0xAA816B: vp3_decode_frame (vp3.c:2104)
==7732== by 0x966AA4: frame_worker_thread (pthread.c:394)
==7732== by 0x5A57E99: start_thread (pthread_create.c:308)

I hit this in current master (fd68371b072824ee6f63e38e1b2f6921a05bedcc) as well as when synced to much older commits (I checked as far back as ~Oct 1 2012).

How to reproduce:

./configure --valgrind=<<path to valgrind>> --disable-optimizations --extra-cflags='-fno-inline -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-builtin -fno-optimize-sibling-calls' --enable-debug --enable-static --disable-shared && make clean && make -j32 && <<path to valgrind>> --tool=memcheck --num-callers=30 --gen-suppressions=all --demangle=no --leak-check=yes --show-possibly-lost=no ./ffmpeg_g -i <<media file>> -f null - 2>&1

See attached media file. I found this with Valgrind-3.9.0.SVN from http://src.chromium.org/chrome/trunk/deps/third_party/valgrind/binaries

Patches should be submitted to the ffmpeg-devel mailing list and not this bug tracker.

Attachments (3)

big_dims.ogv (6.6 KB) - added by wolenetz 4 years ago.
repro.log (6.3 KB) - added by wolenetz 4 years ago.
Uncut console output showing issue from git-master
patchvp3.diff (761 bytes) - added by cehoyos 4 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (10)

Changed 4 years ago by wolenetz

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by cehoyos

  • Keywords vp3 added

To make this a valid ticket, please provide the valgrind / ffmpeg command line together with the complete, uncut console output.

Changed 4 years ago by wolenetz

Uncut console output showing issue from git-master

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by wolenetz

Synced to fd68371b072824ee6f63e38e1b2f6921a05bedcc, the attached repro.log was produced by:

../../trunk/src/third_party/valgrind/linux_x64/bin/valgrind --tool=memcheck --num-callers=30 --gen-suppressions=all --demangle=no --leak-check=yes --show-possibly-lost=no ./ffmpeg_g -i big_dims.ogv -f null - 2>&1 | tee repro.log

Changed 4 years ago by cehoyos

comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by cehoyos

Attached patch fixes the messages here, I don't know if there is an issue at all.

comment:4 Changed 4 years ago by richardpl

  • Status changed from new to open

Let me repeat once more what is already mentioned:

Patches should be submitted to the ffmpeg-devel mailing list and not this bug tracker.

comment:5 follow-up: Changed 4 years ago by wolenetz

I haven't tested upstream ffmpeg, but that attached patch fixes the issue downstream. Please get it submitted to ffmpeg-devel. Thanks!

comment:6 in reply to: ↑ 5 Changed 4 years ago by cehoyos

Replying to wolenetz:

I haven't tested upstream ffmpeg, but that attached patch fixes the issue downstream.

If you believe the patch fixes an issue (I don't know), please consider submitting it or set up a git clone and ask Michael to merge the patch.

comment:7 Changed 4 years ago by cehoyos

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from open to closed

While I have seen no indication that there was a bug, my patch was committed under a pseudonym.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.