ffmpeg hangs while trying to play live FLV stream with Speex
|Reported by:||DrLex||Owned by:|
|Version:||git-master||Keywords:||rtmp speex regression|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||no|
|Analyzed by developer:||no|
Summary of the bug:
When trying to play a live audio RTMP stream that uses the Speex codec, ffmpeg never starts playing until the stream is aborted at the source.
How to reproduce:
- Set up a streaming server like Red5, Wowza, etc. with a simple "live" application that distributes streams.
- Create an outgoing RTMP stream that streams the microphone:
ffmpeg -f alsa -i hw:0,0 -acodec libspeex -ab 42200 -ar 16000 -ac 1 -f flv 'rtmp://127.0.0.1:1935/live live=1'
- Try to play back this stream:
ffmpeg -v verbose -i 'rtmp://127.0.0.1:1935/live live=1' -ac 2 -ar 44100 -f alsa plug:dmix
Nothing will happen until the ffmpeg instance from step 2 is killed, then all buffered audio will start playing.
When using the 'nellymoser' codec instead in step 2, the stream will start playing (after a while):
ffmpeg -f alsa -i hw:0,0 -acodec nellymoser -ar 22050 -ac 1 -f flv 'rtmp://127.0.0.1:1935/live live=1
Tested with current Git snapshot from git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git:
ffmpeg version 1.1.git-acaee26 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers built on Mar 28 2013 15:08:58 with gcc 4.4.5 (Debian 4.4.5-8)
Most ironic is that one of the reasons why we currently use Speex, is that older versions of ffmpeg used to freeze on NellyMoser? streams, and not on Speex. Now it is exactly the other way round.
Change History (10)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by cehoyos
- Component changed from avformat to undetermined
- Keywords rtmp speex regression added; Speex RTMP removed
- Priority changed from normal to important