Incorrect timestamps for aac in avi
|Reported by:||Heesuk Jung||Owned by:|
|Version:||git-master||Keywords:||avi aac pts|
|Cc:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com||Blocked By:|
|Blocking:||Reproduced by developer:||yes|
|Analyzed by developer:||no|
Summary of the bug:
Audio become silent before playback reach end of file.
Video end at about 31 sec but audio stopped about 12 sec.
I reviewed audio and video PTS information using ffprobe tool.
Please refer the PTS plotting graph as below.
(Notice! Recommend download of PTS plotting file because of Google docs excel inter-operability)
- PTS plotting link : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6r7ZfWFIypCbnRtVlFTVVA0cEU
- Problematic file link : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6r7ZfWFIypCeXB3b2J5S1NDMzQ
My Analysis of PTS
- Video PTS is OK.
- Audio PTS is NG.
- Whole timeline of this media file is about 31 sec but audio pts has about 12 sec timeline.
- Also values of Audio PTS are grouped as special pattern.
- Simplified Audio PTS pattern : 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, 2, ……. , N/3
- Simplified Video PTS pattern : 0, 1, 2, …. , N
-> The shape of audio PTS make 2 problem.
1) Audio stop early. Because audio PTS by ffmpeg have 12 sec but real audio has 30 sec.
2) Seek does not work after 12 sec.
- My co-worker checked audio PTS information of problematic based on avidemux and Audio PTS is just OK.
- And so I request that FFmpeg team inspect this problem.
How to reproduce:
% ffplay 016_avi_mpeg4_sp[720@24fps]_aac[2ch_128kbps_44.1khz].avi[MV]_origin.avi
Change History (16)
comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by cehoyos
- Keywords avi aac pts added
- Reproduced by developer set
- Status changed from new to open
- Summary changed from Audio becomes silent on some avi files. (This problem is reproduced during 1x play and seek) to Incorrect timestamps for aac in avi
- Version changed from 0.11.1 to git-master
comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by cehoyos
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from open to closed