FFmpeg Compilation Guide
This page contains a list of resources which describe the necessary steps required for compiling FFmpeg from scratch.
The following page will provide generic compilation and installation instructions: Generic compilation guide
Attention: If you are using gcc-4.2 please read ticket 1464 first.
- CompilationGuide/MinGW – MinGW Compilation Guide for compiling FFmpeg with Windows/MinGW/MSYS.
- CompilationGuide/CrossCompilingForWindows – Cross compiling for Windows is sometimes easier than using MSYS+MinGW.
- CompilationGuide/WinRT - Compiling FFmpeg for Windows Apps (Windows 10 and Windows 8.1)
- CompilationGuide/MSVC - Compiling FFmpeg using MSVC (see also the instructions on the reference web page)
- How to compile FFmpeg for Raspberry Pi (Raspbian)
- How to compile FFmpeg for Android
- How to cross-compile FFmpeg for MIPS
- How to compile FFmpeg for Haiku