FFmpeg Compilation Guide
This page contains a list of resources which describe the necessary steps required for compiling FFmpeg from scratch.
The following page will provide generic compilation and installation instructions: Generic compilation guide
Attention: If you are using gcc-4.2 please read ticket 1464 first.
- CompilationGuide/MinGW – MinGW Compilation Guide for compiling FFmpeg with Windows/MinGW/MSYS.
- CompilationGuide/CrossCompilingForWindows – Cross compiling for Windows is sometimes easier than using MSYS+MinGW.
- Compiling FFmpeg using MSVC is easy; follow the instructions on the main page or CompilationGuide/MSVC for more details.
- How to compile FFmpeg for Raspberry Pi (Raspbian)
- How to compile FFmpeg for Android
- How to cross-compile FFmpeg for MIPS